- Tonight is the eighth and final matchup between Charlotte and Peoria. Charlotte leads the series with a record of 5-2-0.
- Brian Dumoulin, who just won his second NCAA championship in three years at Boston College, has joined the Checkers after signing an entry-level contract with the Hurricanes, should make his professional debut tonight.
- Chasing Checkers will be making it’s Peoria debut as well, having reached the goal of visiting all four rival cities in the Midwest division.
- In 74 games played, the Rivermen have 82 points. Charlotte has 81 points, but in only 73 games played.
- While officially this is not a playoff game, the playoff hopes of both teams are riding on the contest, so it will be an intense match up in what is also Peoria’s final home game of the season.
- Jake Allen, the Rivermen’s starting goaltender, was recently returned from an emergency recall to St. Louis. Allen has a 1-3-1 record against Charlotte this year.
- For Charlotte, Mike Murphy is 3-0 with a 1.34 GAA and .951 SV% against Peoria, and Justin Peters, who shutout the IceHogs on Tuesday, is 1-1 against Peoria and has a 3.41 GAA and .854 SV%.
- Zach Boychuk leads Charlotte against Peoria with eight points (6g, 2a) in seven games against Peoria.
- Chris Terry has seven points against the Rivermen (1g, 6a).
Gametime: 8:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WBCN 1660 AM
Peoria Blog: The Rivermen Blog
Referee: Graham Skilliter (#48)
Linesmen: Aaron Mills (#23), Dan Cohen (#47)