Charlotte Checkers (21-12-2-1) at Chicago Wolves (18-12-1-3)
- This is the fourth meeting of Charlotte and Chicago, and the second IN Chicago in a little over a week. The Checkers are 2-1 against the Wolves.
The Wolves play for the third time in as many days, and have won their past two games. They traveled to Peoria on Friday, and played at home against Lake Erie last night.
- Goaltender Eddie Lack played on the road on Friday, and Matt Climie played at home last night. The Wolves goaltenders have shared time this season relatively equally, with the goalie who is hotter getting to play. Lack is 1-1 against Charlotte, and Climie is 0-1… if I was the coach, I’d play Lack, but clearly, I’m not a coach.
- The Checkers are still without Captain Brett Sutter, who is with the Hurricanes, and Alternate Captain Chris Durno, who was injured in last Sunday’s game against Chicago.
- Last night, Riley Nash, Justin Shugg and Mathieu Roy also sat out due to injury.
- Chicago RW Mark Mancari leads the team in goals with 12, while Center Darren Hadar leads the team in points with 33 (10G, 23A). Due to NHL recalls, Mancari has not played against the Checkers this year, and Hadar has been kept scoreless in three games against Charlotte.
- Last night in Chicago, over 15,000 fans were in attendance to see the Wolves beat Lake Erie. Hopefully, it was an exhausting night, and since today marks their final game of a three-in-three, and the Checkers can capitalize on it!
Gametime: 4:00 p.m. EST