- This afternoon marks the second of four meetings against the Rampage. Previously, the Checkers played in San Antonio, winning by a score of 4-1.
- San Antonio beat the Peoria Rivermen last night at home. It was a 2-1 win for Rampage netminder Dov Grumet-Morris.
- Charlotte has lost two in a row, and goalie Justin Peters is winless in his past three starts. These are two stats I hope to not repeat on Thursday for the Checkers next home game.
- After missing 10 games due to injury, Bobby Sanguinetti is expected to make his return to the lineup.
- The Rampage have a stat that will hopefully benefit the Checkers. San Antonio the worst power play and the worst penalty kill in the league.
- The Rampage power play has only resulted in 10 goals (and 98 attempts). The Checkers have scored 23 times on the PP, out of 130 chances.
- Wacey Rabbit, my favorite Rampage player based solely on his awesome name, has five points (1G, 4A) in 19 games played.
- In only 20 games played, Bracken Kearns leads the Rampage with 16 points, and the team in goals with eight.
- Six different goalies have played games for San Antonio this season. Since November 25, Dov Grumet-Morris and Jacob Markstrom have been splitting time. Grumet-Morris is 4-1-0-1 with a 1.59GAA and .936 SV%. Markstrom is 2-5-0 with a 2.91 GAA and 0.898 SV%.
- Keeping track of who is playing for San Antonio on any given night has got to be a challenging. They have an even worse revolving door than the Checkers, Everblades and Hurricanes have with the Zac(h)s and Justins. Don’t believe me? Check out their transaction record.
Gametime: 4:15 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WBCN 1660 AM
San Antonio Blog: Running with the Herd
Referee: Jeff Smith (#49), Zac Wiebe (#89)
Linesmen: Brad Phillips (#82), Brian Oliver (#80)