Texas Stars (8-10-0-1) at Charlotte Checkers (13-6-1-1)
- Tonight marks the first of four match-ups against the Texas Stars.
- Texas is also the Checkers opponent on Saturday night here in Charlotte, and next Friday, the Checkers travel to Cedar Park to face the Stars for a third time. Including tonight, the Stars next three games are all against Charlotte.
- The Checkers will look to make it five wins in a row, after a fantastic sweep of the Milwaukee Admirals this weekend, including a steal of their head coach Kirk Muller.
- Mike Murphy will get the start in net. In 13 games played, he’s 7-5-0 with a 2.43 GAA and .924 SV%.
- Despite a mediocre record at home (3-6-0-1), the Stars have been very good on the road, and have gotten 10 of their 17 points with a 5-4-0 record. They will certainly try to capitalize on this tonight in Charlotte.
- Centerman Travis Morin leads the team in points with 18 (4G, 14A).
- Rookie Matt Fraser leads the team in goals with 9, and has 13 points in 19 games.
- Goaltender Tyler Beskorowany has played six games this year (1-4-0), with a 3.21 GAA and .894 Save %. The Stars just signed goaltender Jimmy Spratt to a PTO following the callup of Richard Bachman to fill in for Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen who is expected to be out at least three weeks. (During his Thrasher days, I affectionately named Kari “Let-Ten-In”, because that was what he seemed to do a lot…)
- For the fans in the stands in Charlotte who LOVE to mock the goaltender with the “YOU SUCK” chants, Beskorowany is pronounced BEHS-kawr-uh-WAH-nee.
- Texas’ powerplay ranks third in the league. Charlotte special teams will have to find a way to overcome it!
Gametime: 7:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: None
Texas Blog: 100 Degree Hockey
Referees:David Banfield (#44), Geoff Miller (#28)
Linesmen: Joe DeMizio (#3), Jean Menard (#12)