Milwaukee Admirals (10-4-0-1) at Charlotte Checkers (11-6-1-1)
- This is Milwaukee’s first AHL visit to Charlotte as one of the Checkers new Midwest division rivals.
- Charlotte sits atop the Midwest division with 24 points, and Milwaukee is in second with 21. Don’t be fooled though, the Admirals are a REALLY good team, having played four less games than Charlotte, and sitting only three points back.
- Tonight marks the second of eight games against the Western conference Admirals.
- The Admirals have a .500 record at home (4-4 in eight games played), but on the road, they are nearly perfect (6-0-0-1). That’s seven games, and none of them have been lost in regulation. Thirteen points in seven games played on the road is an incredible feat.
- According to my friends at the Admirals Roundtable, Milwaukee has a 23-game streak going where the team gets at least ONE point during a regular-season road game. I’d REALLY like for Charlotte to put an end to that streak!
- Admirals goaltender Jeremy Smith has an impressive record of 9-3-1 in 13 games played (2.06 GAA, .920 SV%). Smith is a Nashville Predators prospect, and former Plymouth Whaler where teammates included Brett Bellemore, Michal Jordan, Chris Terry and Justin Peters.
- Center Kyle Wilson leads the Admirals with 13 points, and a +5 rating (4G, 9A).
- Right Wing Juuso Puustinen leads the team in goals with 8, and U’s with four.
- Like the Hurricanes, the Predators organization has a gridlock on defensemen with the big club. Like the Hurricanes, they are currently carrying eight healthy D, including Roman Josi, who in five games earlier in the season with the Admirals, had four points.
Gametime: 7:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: None
Charlotte TV: TWCA 520
Milwaukee Blog: The Admirals Roundtable
Referee: Tim Mayer (#19)
Linesmen: Matt MacPherson (#83), Paul Carnathan (#93)