Charlotte Checkers (10-6-1-1) at. Norfolk Admirals (10-7-0-1)
- Charlotte is 1-1-1 this year against the Admirals, losing both contests in Norfolk opening weekend. Last year, the Checkers were virtually unbeatable when playing in Virginia, with a record of 5-0-1.
- This is the Checkers third of four road games in Norfolk this season.
- Overall, the Checkers and Admirals are incredibly evenly matched, with almost identical records, and positions within the West and East Conference standings.
- The Checkers will be without the services of their Captain, as Brett Sutter is still currently with the Hurricanes, who face the Montreal Canadiens in Raleigh tonight. Zac Dalpe and Zach Boychuk have been returned to the Checkers, and should be eligible to play against the Admirals.
- Justin is still my favorite player, even though we ONLY have four of them, but my friend James said that Chris is his favorite, since we have three of them.
- Bobby Sanguinetti may play tonight. He’s been out for a couple of weeks, though after Chris Murray’s AMAZING INCREDIBLE FANTASTIC game on Sunday, I kind of hate to see him benched…. though we desperately need Sanguinetti back.
- In three games this year against Norfolk, Jon Matsumoto leads the Checkers with seven points (2G, 5A). Drayson Bowman has four points (3G, 1A).
- Justin Peters should play tonight. Not only is it his “turn” in the goalie rotation, but Murphy left the game with an apparent upper body injury. He practiced with the team, and will be able to serve as the backup tonight though.
- I will be watching/listening to the game tonight from the light booth at a theater. Where will you be watching? (Look for a tweet during the game of how I watch road games!)
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WBCN 1660 AM
Norfolk Twitter: @NorfolkAdmirals
Referees: Steve Patafie (#85), Darcy Burchell (#42)
Linesmen: Tom George (#61), Bill Lyons (#27)