Rockford IceHogs (6-8-1-0) at Charlotte Checkers (9-6-1-1)
General notes and observations:
- Fortunately, the Checkers will NOT be wearing the cursed black jerseys.
- On Friday night, the IceHogs ended a three-game losing streak with a win against Charlotte.
- The IceHogs are 5-2-1 on the road, but only 1-6 at home. The Checkers only have one regulation loss, and one shootout loss at home.
- In two games against Rockford, Michal Jordan leads the Checkers with 4 points (2G, 2A).
- As mentioned in yesterday’s post-game notes, Rockford has a strangely amazing record when out shot by their opponents. They are 5-1 when out shot by the other team.
- The Checkers (i.e. the goaltender) MUST control rebounds if they want to win today’s game. The game Friday was won because of second chances at both ends of the ice. If the Checkers can control the IceHogs rebounds, and make their own second (and third) chances, they will have a much better game!
- In going with the rotation theme, Mike Murphy should make the start in net this afternoon. Two weeks ago, he won the first game against Rockford 4-2.
Gametime: 3:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WBCN 1660 AM
Rockford Twitter: @goIceHogs
Referee: Scott Bokal (#95)
Linesmen: Joe DeMizio (#3), Jean Menard (#12)