- Mike Murphy is expected to get two starts this weekend, with Justin Peters playing once.
- With Drayson Bowman in Raleigh with Zach Boychuk, Zac Dalpe will be making his season debut in a Checkers sweater. He’s on a conditioning stint from the Hurricanes.
- The Checkers signed Scott Pitt to a PTO yesterday, and he will also make his Checkers debut tonight. Pitt, a RW from Ottawa, is a former NCAA player who spent four years at Mercyhurst College. Pitt has four points (2G, 2A) with the Everblades this year, and was called up for the roadtrip after injuries fell to Cedric McNicoll and Justin Shugg.
- The Admirals Roundtable is hands-down the best blog I’ve found for an AHL team. So definitely check it out. Late last night they posted another Q&A I did regarding the Checkers progress so far this season.
- Here’s the preview piece Chasing Checkers did with Ryan from the Admirals Roundtable over the summer.
- Centers Chris Mueller (2G, 5A) and Kyle WIlson (1G, 6A) lead the Admirals in points with seven each.
- RW Ryan Thang (what a name! Almost as good as Wacey Rabbit from San Antonio!) leads the goal scoring with five, and has a +8 rating.
- In six games played, goaltender Jeremy Smith (another former Plymouth Whaler from 2005-2009) has impressive numbers. He’s 4-1-1, with a 1.79 GAA and .932 SV%. As a Whaler, some of his teammates included Justin Peters, Chris Terry, Brett Bellemore and Michal Jordan.
Gametime: 8:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WFNZ 610
Milwaukee Blog: The Admirals Roundtable
Referees: Jarrod Ragusin (#42), Shaun Davis (#31)
Linesmen: Mathieu Chenier (#71), Dan Cohen (#47)