I never planned on ever live blogging, but why not, right?
- The Anthem. OMG. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee… and the waving of the little white wimpy pom pom? Yikes.
- We can’t get the video on AHLlive to work with the Charlotte’s audio. I do NOT want to listen to the WBS announcer guys. They are mean about my players! (Like their parent team TV guys are about their opponents.)
- Wow… Micflikier is a healthy scratch??? Not sure how I feel about that…. not because of Matt Pistilli being his replacement, just because I like Micflikier a lot and am not sure he’s the best option to be sitting, unless he’s hurt.
- Equally surprised that Zack FitzGerald is playing. Bobby Sanguinetti is not playing.
- I learned today that cowbells are illegal at the Mohegan Sun arena in Wilkes-Barre. The way my ears were ringing after last night, I’m not sure that’s a bad rule to have.
- Every time the announcer says Wagner, I want to pronounce it “Vagner”, like the German composer. It has more flair and charisma than Wagner.
- We are going to switch to Charlotte radio during the intermissions so we don’t miss hearing the awesome Bobby Goepfert interviewed by Jason Shaya.
- The WBS announcers have a man-crush on Justin Faulk. They just called him the “Good Looking Rookie.”
- Corey Potter’s a douche. (Or so says my asst. live-blogger)
- Eight minutes in, SOG are equal with six each.
- I already miss Wilson, and we aren’t even half way through the first period.
- Game seven will NOT be necessary. Just sayin.
- Clarkson to the box. Nick Dodge is a bad, bad boy. 😦
- Tux has creepy hands.
- Nicolas Blanchard is SPEEDY FAST, and we like it!
- Peterson to the box! Turnovers, dropped sticks and holding, OH MY!
- Please please please mind your manners, Fitzy! No dumb penalties!
- BOARDING. That had better be a boarding call. You just shoved Riley Nash’s face into the wall, you jerk!
- Refs making calls from center ice. Welcome to the refs from the past three games, Wilkes-Barre
- I have a nice wedge of aged cheddar if the Pens announcers would like some cheese to go with their wine.
- The announcers just referred to Brad Thiessen as the Holy Mother Mary…. if Carey Price is Jesus, is Thiessen his mom?
- I hear cowbells. I hate cowbells. Make the cowbells stop.
- That little tap by Blanch on Thiessen’s glove was TAME compared to what I’ve seen the Pens do to Mike Murphy during the past week.
- DAMN IT FITZY! We do NOT need to be taking high sticking penalties tonight!
- MURPHY MURPHY MURPHY MURPHY (that’s our chanting from Concord, North Carolina)
- I just flipped off the Pens as they walked to the dressing room, then reminded myself it was only good vibes.
- Our mascot has big teeth. What does a Penguin have other than big gloves?
- Thank goodness, we finally were able to get the Charlotte audio to work. Jason Shaya it is for periods two and three! Lets Go Checkers!
- Charlotte actually has more SOG than WBS. 15-13, no score.
- Bowman, Dodge and Blanchard – weird line!
- I’m so glad that Jason Shaya is by himself in the broadcast booth. He calls a MUCH better game when he’s all alone and not distracted by a color guy.
- That was Terryiffic!
- WE JUST GOT A BUNCH OF REBOUNDS. Too bad Brad Thiessen is RIDICULOUS and can stop anything and everything. 😦
- I don’t think we know what to do on breakaways.
- DAMN IT CHECKERS. A Pens goal? After Chris Terry failed to score a goal on a breakaway.
- Stop taking dumb penalties, boys! I love you, just not when you are in the box.
- Uggh. Stupid penalties. Do it, Murphy! You’re the man.
- Just remember, FIVE unanswered goals in game five of the last series. We’ve got this, Checkers!
- Too many Pens on the ice! Go to the box, poultry!
- Seriously, Mormina (or Moronina, as I like to call him), there is no way that is legal. Hugging like that = holding, or it should!
- I wish the Checkers had a dancing Chubby at intermission instead of… well… dancing cheerleaders…
- Although, just like I refuse to do the Chicken Dance, I won’t dance the Chubby or the Penguin, either.
- Screw the positive energy. I HATE YOU PENGUINS.
- STOP TALKING ABOUT GAME SEVEN, SHAYA! We scored five in the third just last week!
- Who the hell is Wally, and why did we just get a view of his world?
- TERRYIFFIC TERRYIFFIC TERRYIFFIC! I LOVE CHRIS TERRY! GOAL! 13ish to go in the third.
- The live blog is not doing so well.. hard to type when amazingness is happening on my TV
- OH MY GOD CHECKERS HOCKEY I LOVE YOU!
- CAN YOU HEAR US IN CONCORD, W-B? WE LOVE YOU!
- My heart is racing. I can hardly breathe. I love this team. 3 minutes to go. We scored 3 in 3:46 earlier, all we need is one.
Wrapping it up:
- It feels better having scored four, after being down by three.
- We have beaten the two toughest teams in the AHL east. We can beat Bingo.
- I’m kind of speechless and more in love with the Charlotte Checkers than ever before.
- We bought champagne earlier today, and just enjoyed it. For $7.99, Trader Joes champagne is pretty darn good.
LETS GO CHECKERS! See you in the THIRD ROUND!