A few interesting facts and figures about the game in a couple of hours.
- In five games vs. the Bears in this playoff series, the Checkers have won all three games where they had less SOG than the opponent. Both games they led shooting were lost.
- In three games vs. Hershey in the playoffs, Mike Murphy has allowed only eight goals. He has a 2.68 GAA, and .916 SV%
- In five games vs. Charlotte in the playoffs, Braden Holtby has allowed 16 goals. He has a 3.23 GAA, and .885 SV%
- The Checkers average approximately two PIM’s less per game during this series (13.4 PIM per game, vs. 15.8 PIM per game for the Bears). These two minutes per game may prove to be a big deal if the Checkers can capitalize on the power play, as they have four times during the series.
- The Bears have only one power play goal in the series, a sign that the Checkers has an extremely strong penalty kill that will hopefully continue.
- In all five games, the Checkers have not been leading after the first or second period.
- Tonight’s game is available in Charlotte on WBCN, 1600 AM. The action starts at 5 p.m.
- The Checkers can move on to the second round with a win in tonight’s matchup.
Lets Go Checkers!