Charlotte Checkers (17-11-2-1) at Rockford IceHogs (11-17-1-2)
- Unlike the Checkers, who had over a week off between games around the Christmas holiday, tonight Rockford plays their third game this week. On Monday, they lost in Milwaukee and last night, a loss at Chicago.
- The Checkers last played on December 20, an overtime loss at home against Oklahoma City.
- The Checkers are still without goaltender Justin Peters, and forwards Drayson Bowman and Zac Dalpe. Riley Nash is back with the Checkers after a brief recall to Carolina over the break.
- Rockford has had a rough year at home, with a record of 6-11. They are currently in the midst of a three-game losing streak. This is their only home game in a 10-game stretch of games that began the day after Christmas.
- Rockford currently sits in 30th place in the League. The Checkers have slipped to second in their division, and 12th overall.
- In three games against Rockford this season, Michal Jordan leads the Checkers in points with five (2G, 3A).
- IceHogs goaltender Alexander Salak hasn’t played since December 2 when he was injured in a game. The IceHogs recalled Toledo Walleye goalie Carter Hutton (3.39 GAA, .893 SV%), who has played in eight of the teams 11 games since his recall.
- Alec Richards, the team’s backup, has played two games against the Charlotte, and holds the teams lone victory against the Checkers. He is 5-8-1 on the season (3.87 GAA, .888 SV%).
- This is yours truly’s first visit to Rockford, and I’m very excited to see the Checkers on the road!
Gametime: 8:00 p.m. EST
Charlotte Radio: WBCN 1660 AM
Rockford Twitter: @goIceHogs
Linesmen: Mathieu Chenier (#71), Aaron Mills (#23)
Referee: Marcus Vinnerborg (#45